Trainee and Internship Programs – Programas de Capacitación y Pasantías
The Trainee and Internship Programs allow international applicants to participate in a structured, work- based career advancement program or internship offered by a U.S. host company. The J-1 Trainee and Internship Programs offer opportunities for professional development, insight into American business practices and a greater understanding of American society, culture and life. This visa cannot be used as a temporary employment visa.
Who qualifies for J-1 Visa Trainee and J-1 Visa Intern categories?
J-1 visa Trainee must be a foreign national: (1) Who has a degree or professional certificate from a foreign post-secondary academic institution and at least one year of prior related work experience in his or her occupational field outside the United States, or (2) Who has a minimum of five years of work experience in his or her occupational field outside the United States.
J-1 visa Intern must be a foreign national: (1) Who is currently enrolled in and pursuing studies at a foreign degree, or certificate- granting post-secondary academic institution outside the United States, or (2) Who has graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to his or her exchange visitor program start.
We provide Trainee and Internship opportunities in the following occupational fields:
- Agriculture, Forestry, and Fishing
- Arts and Culture
- Education, Social Sciences, Library Science
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Information Media and Communications
- Management, Business, Commerce and Finance
- Public Administration and Law
- The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics, and Industrial Occupations
- We, together with our US partner, provide program sponsorship for J-1 visa Trainee and Internship Programs, and issues a Form DS-2019 for sponsored program applicants.
- We, together with our US partner, ensure that training or internship programs expose participants to American methodologies, business practices and professional kwoledge.
- Our US partner pre-screens host companies and ensures that every sponsored training/internship program is in compliance with the S. State Department regulations and guidelines.
- Our US Partner staff in the USA monitors each program from start to finish through periodic correspondence, site visits, and progress evaluations.
- Our US Partner provides comprehensive sickness and accident insurance coverage in accordance with State Department’s policy provisions.
- Our US partner assists participants in locating suitable housing.
- Our US partner offers arrival orientation guidance that helps participants understand local laws, customs and culture.
- Our US partner provides a 24-hour, toll-free program assistance hotline.
For informacion about available positions, please contact us.